Last Updated: May 26, 2020
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND/OR RECEIVE. In the course of operating the Website, Serhant will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information. When you register for a Course or make any purchase on the Website, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). We do not collect any Personal Information from you unless you provide us with the Personal Information voluntarily.
- Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information and the Billing Information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. In order to provide you certain features and functionalities of the Website, and in an ongoing effort to improve our Website, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Website, and integrate it with your other devices and services. Such information may include, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on the Website, what sections of the Website you visit, etc.;
- information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information, and network type; and
- activity and usage information occurring via the Website, including, without limitation, information about past purchases and product/service preferences.
- From Cookies. We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive (or other storage medium) so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We use both 1st and 3rd-party session cookies and persistent cookies. Below is a general primer on session and persistent cookies; information collected by cookies depends on its particular purpose. For more information, please see the information regarding analytics providers discussed further below.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Website. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time or until you delete them. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your web browser’s “help” file. To the extent we provide a log-in portal or related feature on our Website, persistent cookies can be used to store your passwords so that you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our visitors to personalize the experience on our Website.
In some cases, we may associate information that you have provided to us (e.g., email address) with the cookies that we use. In addition to facilitating the purposes described above, this is useful in understanding your engagement with other content related to our Website (e.g., email open rates, URL click-throughs).
If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, certain aspects of the Website may not function properly or as intended.
- Third-Party Analytics and Remarketing.
- For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
- For Web Identity, you can opt out of tracking and retargeting emails by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Web Identity opt out.”
HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION.
You authorize us to use your Personal Information, Billing Information, and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Website, and to improve the same; to process transactions; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners. You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below:
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Information with or to other companies, who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our obligations to you, provide you with support, and to address your questions or requests regarding our Website.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing customer service, billing, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers and our Website, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and/or aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website, our products, and our services (including Courses). This anonymous information does not identify you personally. We may use this anonymous information, and share and/or license it with and to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose anonymous user statistics in order to describe our Website and business to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Serhant or others.
If Serhant intends on using your Information in any manner that is not consistent with this Section, you will be informed of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which the Information is collected.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES. We will not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Personal Information when we present you with the terms of such offer. If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may choose to opt-out of such sharing, or request certain information regarding our disclosure of such Personal Information to such non-affiliated third parties, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to opt-out of our sharing of your Personal Information with our affiliates so that such affiliates can use your Personal Information to market to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES. If you have an account on the Website, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Serhant marketing email. Registered users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their Website account unless otherwise provided on the email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
IMPORTANT NOTICES TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS. The servers used in connection with the operation and use of the Website are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information and Billing Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Website, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with we may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, Serhant does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
For questions relating to privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.